Don’t really care about the second part of the headline, but I grew up playing the XCom series on the old PCs. They were always really deep and lots of fun. It’s cool to see the newest iteration of it come over to the Macintosh.
Posts Tagged ‘Gaming’
Meant to post this back when the article was first posted, but as it turns out, it’s still in a “coming soon” state. Basically, the project aims to create an open source gaming emulator that has the familiar native Macintosh interface.
Nice. This short list of games brings back a lot of old memories of PC gaming for me. Sim City 2000 and Syndicate especially were big hits and time guzzlers in my youth.
This was one of my favorite games on the PC back in college. It was a fun little time waster. Well now it’s been resurrected on iOS devices and for a limited time, it’s free to reward the kickstarter backers. Pick it up while you can, though at it’s regular price of $1.99, it’s still worth it, if it’s anything like the original game.
Haven’t had a chance to do anything but download it, but look forward to firing it up soon.
XCOM: man it’s good to see this series revived. I have fond memories of this one back in high school. I lost hours upon hours playing this deep game. Check out the interactive YouTube-hosted trailer in the article below.
If it’s available for the Mac, I may have to lay waste to a long drought of gaming.
SimCity recently released this trailer, though its near-the-end disclaimer about the video not representing gameplay means we really don’t know what to expect for the fifth incarnation of the game.
Trailer looks great, but we really don’t know much about the game itself, other than the fact that it will be multi-player.
Regardless, it’s one I’ll look to buy next year, if it’s available for the Mac that is.
Oh man on man. This brings back a lot of memories — especially the X-Com series. Here’s a solution for playing some of these classic personal computer games of days of past on modern hardware.
I see some classic gaming in my future — especially the X-Com series.
Love that picture!
Anyway, this first trailer of the new GTA game looks great, and it seems that Rockstar Games has continued to make good and deep games in the series.
This trailer also reminded me that I never finished GTA IV.
I got stuck on the last mission. Maybe I need to revisit.
- Another pissed customer said: What’s a fair amount for concession for contractor...
- tapps said: Just as I had put on my jogging gear, my 305 refus...
- Lee Waller said: They also install a wooden Finance around my house...
- Elize said: You are a STAR! Sorted problem out, thank you!!...
- @nshylanski said: This kid is amazing #phenom http://t.co/CBQrSUYFi0...
- Jakob said: Thanks for the advice to reset the unit. It fix...
- Worker Productivity: Sweet Spot Is 40 Hours a Week
- Gran Fondo With Friends - Oak Ridge, NC
- Internet Get Your News Ticker-Style with Retickr
- My Little Zazzle Store
- How Your Passwords Are Stored on the Internet (and When Your Password Strength Doesnâ€™t Matter)