TV pretty much always look like crap out of the box. Calibration is a must. I’ve got a great calibration DVD, but never have had a way to calibrate HD. Going to give the mp4 version of this a try. Hoping using a direct connection to my iMac and to an Apple TV will allow this calibration video to help us get the most out of our HDTV’s.
Posts Tagged ‘HDTV’
Hmm, can someone explain to me why I would want the TiVo UI integrated into a TV without a DVR? What’s the last TV you’ve used and other than the initial setup, you ever see the UI again. I guess their argument is that the UI is more for the Internet-related applications built into the set, but TiVo to me, and a lot of other consumers is all about the best DVR experience—not for just its user interface.
The newest TiVo survey (which I didn’t get) references some interesting hardware that would be very welcome in the Keefer household:
- A companion device for your DVR. It allows a second TV (in another room) to watch live TV (in HD) and also watch the recordings from your DVR.
- A 4-tuner high-definition DVR that allows you to record up to 4 shows at one time (and watch a 5th show that is previously recorded).
It’s just a survey, meaning it’s stuff TiVo’s contemplating, but it’d be great to see both of those come to fruition.
This could be interesting — it seems Time Warner Cable is going to be remapping its channel lineups in the area over the next few months. This could either end up being a big nightmare, or a mere blip of inconvenience. We shall see.
Anyone who’s got a HD capable TiVo, television with a CableCARD slot or a CC multimedia PC knows how much fo an utter nightmare the cable companies have made the current “open” standard that is CableCARD. I love the fact that the FCC is consulting with companies like TiVo on its next attempt. I am also excited that satellite companies will be included in this next standard. Call me a cynic, but I’m pretty sure Time Warner, Comcast and others will find ways to screw this up!
Anyone who has seen the “Planet Earth” high definition series on the natural wonders of this big ol’ planet has been taken aback by the wonders it captured. It seems that next month, the producers of that series are following it up. I’ll be interested to see how they top the first breath-taking series.
Does March 2010 hold the key to a new generation of HD DVR and/or the successor to the TiVo HD / TiVo Series 3 of DVR from my beloved company, TiVo? I hope they have something special, and it’s not just moving the CableCard slot to the back in the scans people have posted of the TIVo Premier.
As always happens right around this time, CES rumors are ramping up hardcore here at the end of 2009, and on the heels of yesterdays rumors of a new TiVo HD box, there are rumors that the January 2010 CES will be a big showing for DirecTV, including the announcement of a new hi-def DirecTiVo, along with a solid release date (something a little more solid than just, “2010″). I’ll be keeping a close eye on this as late 2010 we may be going back to DirecTV after a few software updates have been made to the new DirecTiVo and more importantly, our TiVo HD’s subscription is up. I’d love to get away from the craziness and unreliability of cable cards and SDV.
A couple of quick posts this evening. So you think it’s fun playing Gears of War 2 on your LCD HDTV? Now imagine a little bit bigger screen, like the huge display at the Dallas Cowboy’s stadium. Now that’s some real big gaming.
- Another pissed customer said: What’s a fair amount for concession for contractor...
- tapps said: Just as I had put on my jogging gear, my 305 refus...
- Lee Waller said: They also install a wooden Finance around my house...
- Elize said: You are a STAR! Sorted problem out, thank you!!...
- @nshylanski said: This kid is amazing #phenom http://t.co/CBQrSUYFi0...
- Jakob said: Thanks for the advice to reset the unit. It fix...
- Worker Productivity: Sweet Spot Is 40 Hours a Week
- Gran Fondo With Friends - Oak Ridge, NC
- Internet Get Your News Ticker-Style with Retickr
- My Little Zazzle Store
- How Your Passwords Are Stored on the Internet (and When Your Password Strength Doesnâ€™t Matter)